12 HUGE Salaries of Tech Executives
Many people say that if you want to get paid well and earn truckloads of money by the time you reach middle age, go for a career in the ever-growing tech industry.
I’m not really sure if that goes for everyone in the tech business, but it sure is true for the 12 people listed below, who are being paid enough money to buy them a small country. If not a country, at least an island. One with pirates for sure. Man I wish I owned some pirates…
On top of their base salaries, the tech executives who made it to this list actually made a killing through stock compensation, hence, the extra zeros on their already fat paychecks.
1. Steve Jobs, CEO Apple, $646 million
2. Omid Kordestani, SVP Google, $289 million
3. Terry Semel, ex-CEO Yahoo, $174.2 million
4. Michael Dell, CEO Dell, $153.2 million
5. Larry Ellison, CEO Oracle, $72.4 million
6. John Thompson, CEO Symantec, $71.8 million
7. John Chambers, CEO Cisco Systems, $71.3 million
8. Eli Harari, CEO SanDisk, $38.98 million
9. Richard Templeton, CEO Texas Instruments, $22.04 million
10. Stephen Bennett, CEO Intuit, $20.88 million
11. Mark Hurd, CEO Hewlett-Packard, $20.33 million
It’s possible I missed some heavy-hitters, know of any ULTRA crazy salaries for technology executives that I missed? Know of any of them that wouldn’t mind missing their salary?
By the way, would you want to know what they bought with their megabucks?
Here are a few pictures of some expensive toys these mega-moguls have bought:
Larry Ellison’s Yacht
Larry Ellison’s Woodside Villa
Steve Jobs’ Historic Jackling Mansion
Michael Dell’s Austin Mansion
Popularity: 2% [?]